2016-2017 Undergraduate Student Research Grant Award
Announcement of the 2015-2016 Undergraduate Student
Research Grant Awards:
The Undergraduate Student Grants Committee has completed its review
of the 2015-2016 Student Research Grant proposals.
This year, we received nine proposals and awarded partial or full funding
to seven projects.
1. Brandyn Balch from SUNY Geneseo was awarded $250 for his proposal,
Potential impacts of hemlock woolly adelgid induced tree mortality
on hemlock ravine lotic ecosystems.
2. Kimberly Anderson, from SUNY Oswego was awarded $300 for proposal,
MHC IIB diversity to susceptibility to Bd and ranavirus in Green Frogs.
3. Rebecca Gerling from SUNY Brockport was awarded $400 for her proposal,
The influence of the cellular environment on the stability and
structure of Z-form RNA.
4. Calvin Carrington from RIT received an award of $50 for the best
proposal and $500 in funding for his proposal, Effects of native
and invasive fruits on plasma metabolites in captive migratory songbirds.
5. Colette Piasecki-Masters and Danielle Bucior from Ithaca College
received an award of $250 for their proposal, Plant uptake of
heavy metals from bombing sites on the island of Vieques, Puerto Rico.
6. Keri Geiser from Hobart & William Smith Colleges received an
award of $500 for her proposal, Reconstructing past primary productivity
of four New York Finger Lakes using multiple proxies.
7. Kathleen Lesko from Niagara University received an award of $300
for her proposal, Measuring the degradation of cadmium sulfide
yellow and chrome yellow pigments after varnish application.
September 12, 2016